H.M.S. Worcester (Training Ship)
From The Dreadnought Project
H.M.S. Worcester was a naval training school established in 1862 aboard the fourth rate H.M.S. Worcester. The ship so named changed several times, as shown below.
- from 1862 to 1876, the school was in the old fourth-rate H.M.S. Worcester
- from 1876 to 1948, the ship named Worcester was the late second-rate H.M.S. Frederick William.
- from 1945 until 1968, the former training ship/depot ship Exmouth served in the role
The facility is now called Thames Nautical Training College.
- Royal Navy Officers Educated at H.M.S. Worcester
- H.M.S. Conway (Training Ship) (a similar institution)