H.M.S. Gannet (1927)
|H.M.S. Gannet (1927)|
|Builder:||Yarrow & Company|
|Launched:||10 Nov, 1927|
|Commissioned:||6 Mar, 1928|
H.M.S. Gannet was a river gunboat built for service in the Royal Navy in the 1920s.
There was an earlier ship of the same name, the composite screw sloop Gannet, launched in 1878.
Gannet spent her career on the China Station, primarily plying the Yangtse River.
Dates of appointment are provided when known.
- The Navy List. (July, 1937). p. 242.
- The Navy List. (February, 1929). p. 242.
- The Navy List. (July, 1931). p. 241.
- The Navy List. (January, 1933). p. 242.
- The Navy List. (July, 1934). p. 243.
- The Navy List. (July, 1937). p. 243.
|Gunboat H.M.S. Gannet|
|<–||H.M.S. Peterel||Small Fry (UK)|
|<–||H.M.S. Peterel||Gunboats (UK)|