Denver Class Cruiser (1901)
From The Dreadnought Project
Six Denver class protected cruisers were completed for the U.S. Navy in the early and mid-1900.
|Overview of six vessels|
|Citations for this data available on individual ship pages|
|Name||Hull No.||Builder||Laid Down||Launched||Completed||Fate|
|Denver||Cruiser No. 14||Neafie & Levy||28 June, 1900||21 June, 1902||17 May, 1904||Sold 13 September, 1933|
|Des Moines||Cruiser No. 15||Fore River||28 August, 1900||20 September, 1902||5 March, 1904||Sold 11 March, 1930|
|Chattanooga||Cruiser No. 16||Crescent||29 March, 1900||7 March, 1903||11 October, 1904||Sold 19 July, 1921|
|Galveston||Cruiser No. 17||W. R. Trigg||19 January, 1901||23 July, 1903||15 February, 1905||Sold 13 September, 1933|
|Tacoma||Cruiser No. 18||Union IW||27 September, 1900||2 June, 1903||30 January, 1904||Sold 5 September, 1924|
|Cleveland||Cruiser No. 19||Bath||1 June, 1900||28 September, 1901||2 November, 1903||Sold 7 March, 1930|
- ten 5-inch/50 rapid-firing guns
- eight 6-pounders
- two 1-pounders
- four .30 caliber machine guns
- Friedman. U.S. Cruisers. p. 464.
- Chesneau, Robert; Kolesnik, Eugene (editors) (1979). Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1860–1905. London: Conway Maritime Press. (on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk).
- Friedman, Norman (1985). U.S. Cruisers: An Illustrated Design History. Annapolis: Naval Institute Press. (on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk).
- Silverstone, Paul H. (2006). The U.S. Navy Warship Series: The New Navy 1883-1922. New York: Routledge.
|Denver Class Protected Cruiser|
|<–||New Orleans Class||Minor Cruisers (US)||Chester Class||–>|