Arthur Frederick Kingsnorth
Life & Career
On 15 September Kingsnorth was appointed an Additional Member of the Third Class, or Companion, in the Military Division of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath (C.B.) dated 31 May.
Kingsnorth was promoted to the rank of Engineer Rear-Admiral on 22 August, 1918 upon the vacancy caused by the retirement at his own request of Engineer Rear-Admiral James Thomas Willoughby. He was gazzetted an Ordinary Member of the Second Class, or Knight Commander, of the Military Division of the Order of the Bath (K.C.B.) on 2 January, 1922.
He was placed on the Retired List at his own request on 14 July, 1922.
- "Eng. Rear-Admiral Sir A. Kingsnorth" (Obituaries). The Times. Friday, 25 April, 1947. Issue 50744, col E, p. 7.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/25.
- The London Gazette: (Supplement) no. 29751. p. 9070. 15 September, 1916.
- The London Gazette: no. 30942. p. 11860. 8 October, 1918.
- The London Gazette: (Supplement) no. 32563. p. 10712. 31 December, 1921.
- The London Gazette: no. 32737. p. 5961. 11 August, 1922.