Palos Class Gunboat (1914)
From The Dreadnought Project
Two Palos class river gunboats were completed for the United States Navy in 1914.
|Overview of two vessels|
|Citations for this data available on individual ship pages|
|Name||Hull No.||Builder||Laid Down||Launched||Completed||Fate|
|Palos||PG-16||Mare Island NYd||28 April, 1913||23 June, 1914||24 June, 1914||Sold 3 June, 1937|
|Monocacy||PG-20||Mare Island NYd||28 April, 1913||27 April, 1914||24 June, 1914||Scuttled 10 February, 1940|
- two 6-pounders
- six machine guns
- Silverstone. The New Navy. p. 75.
- Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1906–1921. p. 131.
- Gray, Randal (editor) (1985). Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1906–1921. London: Conway Maritime Press. (on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk).
- Silverstone, Paul H. (2006). The U.S. Navy Warship Series: The New Navy 1883-1922. New York: Routledge.
- Silverstone, Paul H. (2008). The U.S. Navy Warship Series: The Navy of World War II, 1922-1947. New York: Routledge.
|Palos Class River Gunboat|
|<–||U.S.S. Sacramento||Gunboats (US)||Asheville Class||–>|