Frederic John Walker
Life & Career
The son of Commander Frederic M. Walker, R.N., this man's name is offered in some Service Records, and in at least some Navy Lists as "Frederick". I have somewhat arbitrarily chosen Frederic as the proper spelling.
Walker entered the Royal Navy with the May 1909 intake term at the Training Establishment. He passed out with sixty-one other midshipmen in April, 1913 ranked fourth in order of merit on his examinations.
Walker was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant on 15 August, 1917.
Walker was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant-Commander on 15 August, 1926.
Walker was promoted to the rank of Commander on 31 December, 1931.
Walker was promoted to the rank of Captain on 30 June, 1940.[Fact Check]
|Captain of H.M.S. Falmouth
10 Nov, 1933
George F. N. Bradford
|Commanding Officer, A/S School H.M.S. Osprey
8 Apr, 1937
Geoffrey M. K. Keble-White
|Senior Officer, Eighteenth Minesweeping Flotilla
? – 9 Feb, 1945
Reginald F. Nichols
- The Navy List. (May, 1939). p. 103.
- "New Midshipmen." The Times (London, England), Monday, Apr 28, 1913; pg. 3; Issue 40197.
- The Navy List. (July, 1934). p. 240.
- The Navy List. (May, 1939). p. 314.
- Nichols Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/124/224. f. 223.