Accountant Branch (Royal Navy)
By Order in Council of 12 November, 1900, the number of Fleet Paymasters, Staff Paymasters, and Paymasters, was increased to 250. The number of Assistant Paymasters and Clerks was fixed at 300, and the numbers of Assistant Clerks was to be regulated at the discretion of the Admiralty.
|Before November, 1918.||After November, 1918.|
|Paymaster Director-General*||Paymaster Rear-Admiral|
|Fleet Paymaster||Paymaster Commander|
|Staff Paymaster||Paymaster Lieutenant-Commander|
|Assistant Paymaster||Paymaster Lieutenant|
|Assistant Clerk||Paymaster Cadet|
- Paymaster Director-General was initially an appointment only, but the rank of Paymaster-Rear-Admiral was retroactively applied to it by Order in Council of 20 December, 1919.
- The Orders in Council for the Regulation of the Naval Service. VIII. p. 147.
- The London Gazette: no. 31705. p. 15854. 23 December, 1919.
- Chapple Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/12. f. 367.
- Whyte Service Record. The National Archives. ADM 196/81. f. 69.