Henry Louis Fleet
From The Dreadnought Project
Revision as of 09:12, 11 May 2014 by FredBot (Update appts)
Life & Career
Fleet was appointed to the composite-hulled gunboat Condor (later of "Well done, Condor!" fame) on 17 July, 1877.
Fleet was promoted to the rank of Captain on 1 January, 1895.
- The Navy List. (January, 1880). p. 203.
- Naval & Military Intelligence The Times (London). Thursday, 10 October 1901. Issue 36582, p. 8.
- Mackie, Colin. ROYAL NAVY WARSHIPS.
- "Admiral H. L. Fleet" (Obituaries). The Times. Wednesday, 19 September, 1923. Issue 43450, col B, p. 16.
- Fleet, Vice-Admiral H. L., C.B.E. (1922). My Life, and a Few Yarns. London: George Allen & Unwin Ltd..
- The National Archives. ADM 196/86.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/38.
- The National Archives. ADM 196/18.
| Preceded by
| Captain-in-Charge of the Western Coast Guard District
1903 – 1905
| Succeeded by|
James E. C. Goodrich
Henry H. Dyke
|Captain of H.M.S. Empress of India
Jan, 1900 – ?
Edward H. M. Davis
|Captain of H.M.S. Howe
12 Oct, 1901 – ?
Richard B. Farquhar
John E. Bearcroft
|Captain of H.M.S. Resolution
1903 – ?