H.M.S. Duke of Edinburgh (1904)
|H.M.S. Duke of Edinburgh|
13 (Jan 1918)
none (Apr 1918)
N.33 (Jun 1918)
|Built By:||Pembroke Royal Dockyard|
|Launched:||11 June, 1904|
An order for a design for a director system for Duke of Edinburgh was likely issued in early 1915, but priorities for director fittings were such that it was only installed in October 1918.
Duke of Edinburgh was paid off at Portsmouth on 3 August, 1918.
Dates of appointment are provided when known.
- Captain Harry H. Stileman, 9 January, 1908.
- Captain Thomas W. Kemp, 2 May, 1911.
- Captain Henry Blackett, July, 1914.
- Captain Richard Hyde, September, 1916.
- Dittmar; Colledge. British Warships: 1914-1919. p. 44.
- ARTS 1908 Wireless Appendix, p. 13.
- The Technical History and Index, Vol. 3, Part 23. p. 15.
- The Navy List (December, 1918). p. 780.
- The Navy List (October, 1908). p. 305.
- The Navy List (April, 1913). p. 305.
- The Navy List (October, 1915). p. 393n.
- The Navy List (December, 1916). p. 393t.
- Dittmar, F.J.; Colledge, J.J. (1972). British Warships 1914–1919. London: Ian Allan.
- Gray, Randal (editor) (1985). Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1906–1921. London: Conway Maritime Press. (on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk).
|Duke of Edinburgh Class Armoured Cruiser|
|Black Prince||Duke of Edinburgh|
|<–||Devonshire Class||Major Cruisers (UK)||Warrior Class||–>|