H.M.S. Duke of Edinburgh (1904)
|H.M.S. Duke of Edinburgh|
13 (Jan 1918)
none (Apr 1918)
N.33 (Jun 1918)
|Built By:||Pembroke Royal Dockyard|
|Launched:||11 June, 1904|
An order for a design for a director system for Duke of Edinburgh was likely issued in early 1915, but priorities for director fittings were such that it was only installed in October 1918.
Duke of Edinburgh was paid off at Portsmouth on 3 August, 1918.
Dates of appointment are provided when known.
- Captain Harry H. Stileman, 9 January, 1908.
- Captain Henry Blackett, July, 1914, in command at outbreak of war.
- Captain Thomas Webster Kemp,
- Dittmar; Colledge. British Warships: 1914-1919. p. 44.
- ARTS 1908 Wireless Appendix, p. 13.
- The Technical History and Index: Fire Control in HM Ships, 1919, p. 15.
- The Navy List (December, 1918). p. 780.
- The Navy List (October, 1908). p. 305.
- The Navy List (October, 1915). p. 393n.
- Corbett. Naval Operations, Volume I, p. 440.
- Dittmar, F.J.; Colledge, J.J. (1972). British Warships 1914–1919. London: Ian Allan.