Medical Branch (Royal Navy)
From The Dreadnought Project
(Redirected from Naval Medical Service (Royal Navy))
The Naval Medical Service was the name given to the medical branch of the Royal Navy.
As of 1894, with an overall strength of the Royal Navy of 60,000 men, the Naval Medical Service had 13 hospitals, 230 sick-berth staff ashore and 3,617 beds.
- Royal Hospital, Haslar
- Royal Hospital, Plymouth
- Royal Hospital, Yarmouth
- Royal Hospital, Haulbowline
- Royal Hospital, Chatham
- Royal Marine Artillery Infirmary, Portsmouth
- Royal Marine Infirmary, Deal
- Royal Marine Infirmary, Walmer
- Royal Marine Barrack Dispensary, Plymouth
- Billings, M.D., John S.; Hurd, M.D., Henry M. (1894). Hospitals Dispensaries and Nursing: Papers and Discussions in the International Congress of Charities, Correction and Philanthropy, Section III, Chicago, June 12th to June 17th, 1893. Baltimore: The John Hopkins Press.