Howden Air Station
The station consisted of barrack huts, officers' quarters, and a pigeon loft for the two carrier pigeons each airship carried to relay messages back to the station in the event of radio failure or if the airship ditched.
A large shed was built to accommodate a rigid airship and two smaller sheds for non-rigids. By 1919, the station boasted the largest shed in the world: 750 feet in length and 130 feet at the top of the doors.
- Wing Commander Frederick L. M. Boothby, 1 March, 1916 – February, 1918