The Admiralstab (English: Admiral Staff) was one of the main executive bodies of the Imperial German Navy from 1899 to 1918. In peacetime it served as an advisory counterpart to the Prussian General staff, but in wartime it exercised executive command of the Navy with the Emperor's approval.
Chiefs of the Admiral Staff
Dates of appointment given:
- Kontreadmiral Felix Bendemann, 14 March, 1899.
- Vizeadmiral Otto von Diederichs, 1 January, 1900.
- Vizeadmiral Wilhelm Büchsel, 20 August, 1902.
- Vizeadmiral Friedrich von Baudissin, 29 January, 1908.
- Admiral Max von Fischel, 6 September, 1909.
- Vizeadmiral August von Heeringen, 12 March, 1911.
- Admiral Hugo von Pohl, 1 April, 1913.
- Vizeadmiral Gustav Bachmann, 2 February, 1915.
- Admiral Henning von Holtzendorff, 4 September, 1915.